Wow! NSD Allison LaMarr does it again! This is the best real life training I have ever seen on warm chattering. Thank you!!!
Conversational Booking (Warm Chatter) Training by NSD Allison LaMarr
Why do it?
· Work the numbers
· You get to decide who to talk to
Who do you talk to?
· Put together
· Not retail workers – hours are usually too crazy
· Pleasant women who respond to small talk
· Try to get women between 25-55 years old
How many women?
· 35 per week or 5 a day (fill purse with 35 cards)
· Tip: 3 per store
How should you look?
· Cute & put together
· Fashionable but approachable
· Confident & Calm
Strategy:You must understand how this fits into your bigger strategy, which means you must have a bigger strategy.
· What are your goals: LT, ST, family & business?
· Does making time for your business now serve your family goals for the
· There is time for it all! You can have harmony.
· Zig Ziglar says it’s not a lack of time that’s the problem; it’s a lack of
planning. We all have 24 hour days.
What are you inviting them to?
· You need at least 2 options weekly to give them (preplanned & selected
· Weekly meetings & 1 other event or option.
· Saturday morning SCC is a great idea: if your unit doesn’t have one, get
a group of girls together and host one.
· Whatever you decide, stick to it; keep tweaking it to make it work.
*Spend more time focusing on the solution than the problem*
What tools will you use?
· Postcard or flyer
· Cello bag, lip-gloss sample, candy
· Perforated edge or separate contact info card
· Nice pen
· Get Publisher
· Good printer, good paper, or Kinko’s/Office Max
· Spiral or system to track leads
· Follow-up materials
What will you say?
· Start in the card isle, shoes, dollar section, or line
· Start with friendly idle chatter: if they respond & chat back, she gets an
invitation. (if not, move on)
· Start by saying:
“You know what, I’d love to give you an invitation (hand it to her). My
name is ___________ & you’ve been so nice I can’t resist. I teach
skincare & glamour and I’m always on the look out for fun skin care &
color models. When’s the last time you were treated to a free facial?
Great! I don’t want to keep you here all day, so let me just tell you I
typically hold appointments on Thursday & Saturday, which is better for
you? (Point out location details on invite.) I know it sounds crazy, but its
fun, it’s free, I’ll even feed you and you get a free gift!
I know this Saturday may be short notice – do you think you’re available
or would next week be better? Great! I tell you what, why don’t you take
this home (free sample) and check your calendar, and I’ll give you a call
to confirm all the details. Tell me your name?
And what’s the best place for me to reach you? Perfect, well I’m excited,
you are just too fun and I can tell already that you’re going to be a great
model! I have a goal to treat 30 women to a free customized facial this
month for a contest I’m in & you are helping me out a ton and you are
going to love it, so thank you! Oh, by the way – if you have any friends
that could use a little pampering, you’re welcome to bring them with you,
because I know we are always looking for an excuse to get together with
the girls, right? But, we can talk about that later. How about if I give you
a call – tonight? Or would tomorrow be better? Great! Well __________
thanks again! You’re going to love it & its so much fun. Bye!”
Systems for follow-up:
· Immediately jot down her name on the back of a card
· Mark time to call – set reminder!
· Call, book, and mail a thank you note/appointment card.
· Track in binder or spiral
· Everyone gets dash out the door look
· Book customized color for the follow-up
· Use color invite & reminder card
–> Hostess gets color, guests get dash out the door
–>Full circle cycle, starts all over!