MK Rules has graciously given me the opportunity to keep this blog alive by adding me on as a guest blogger. This post comes a little late, but as we are close to beginning a new month, I think it fits. Recently, I had an epiphany in my business. The results I want and the results I have been getting are two very different things. I think I’ve figured something out that is very important to goal setting. Goal setting was always difficult for me. I think it was because the way I’ve been told to set goals seemed intangible. My director would say, make a Retail Sales goal, a Wholesale Ordering goal, a New Faces goal, etc. Now, I could easly say I want to sell $1200 retail this month and as a result, I want to order $600 wholesale. The problem I was having was I didn’t know how to go about achieving this goal. What was I going to sell? Who would I sell it to? I just had a mental block that wasn’t connecting the dots. Well, the dots have been connected! 🙂 Continue reading
Category Archives: Is Mary Kay for me?
Here is my take on how MK does indeed “enrich women’s lives”…
From a customer’s point of view:
1. She not only gets great products, she can earn free ones!
2. We show application techniques BEFORE you purchase anything, and still offer the 100% satisfaction guarantee.
3. We give her personal service with a smile. 🙂
4. We may be the only ones to take so much time to help her understand how she can look her best. Continue reading
Having no inventory is like having no groceries at home. So when hubby and the kiddos get hungry, you run to McDonald’s for fast food. A great fix for now, but too costly in the long run. Continue reading
You know, even if you are taking a breather from holding parties, you can still get sales from reorders. There are a few key things to take note of to get more reorder business:
1. Deliver promptly if you don’t have inventory. Try to always deliver before the date you promised…over shoot the time you think you will need in order to surprise them and have it early, rather than being late.
2. Use the PCP Look Books and follow up! It is as easy as calling and asking, “Did you get your Look Book yet?” a few weeks after you order them. If not, they will be on the lookout, if so, ask “Did you see anything you can’t live without or do you need more cleanser yet?”, etc.
3. Even if you are dissatisfied with your current level of sales or other aspect of your business, don’t let it show to your customers. Let your outward attitude always be positive, attracting more people to you! Continue reading
Sometimes the desire to work your business can be like a roaring forest fire…you can’t wait to share MK with everyone you touch. At times, someone can put your fire out with harsh words or criticism. But then, what do you know…along comes a good Samaritan with kind words who believes in you, and your fire has been lit again! Continue reading
What is “it”? “It” is the little voice that tells you that this might not work. “No one wants to book with you right now, ” it whispers, “No one has any money to buy what you have to offer.” This voice steals your joy, makes you doubt yourself, and turns every bad day into “I can’t do this”.
Don’t let it creep it! How can we keep it out? Continue reading
Ladies, I am soooo excited to share my hard work with you! I love the new rollup bag sheet, but you should use that with a typical SCC. I do the “Dash out the door” class (originally from Dacia W.), so I need a “Dash out the door” closing sheet. One was sent to me by an adopted director who has GREAT sales ($300+ at most classes!) and is very consistent with it. However, it is a bit plain for my taste and has a survey on it that is similar to my “Pick Your Punch” Sheet.
Here is my plan:
–> Make laminated sheets with one side the “Pick your punch” sheets, and one side “Dash out the door” closing sheet.
Why laminate? If you laminate the sheets, you can simply hand each guest a dry erase marker and have them circle the sets they like, as well as make a mark by products they have questions about so they can remember to ask you in the individual consultation.
This saves money, time making copies, and time during the class with all the questions!
Be sure to look at the Dash Out the Door Closing sheet in the file box that I made, as well as the “Pick Your Punch” Sheets.